YouTube. It’s by far the largest video sharing site—nothing even comes close to it.
Opening a Youtube channel is indeed the simplest way of making money online and requires no investment. YouTube gets more than 6 billion video views per day (wow!!) which demonstrates its authority on the internet. Felix Kjellberg, the owner of PewDiePie (a YouTube account), has earned 12 million dollars ($$$$) in 2015 by running a single YouTube channel. Engineers like you can realize also such success if you exploit on the opportunity with Youtube to showcase or share that engineering skills, creativity and unique concepts.
Youtube is Suitable For - Engineers who love to generate videos, like to talk in front of a camera, shoot documentaries or short films.
Skills Required - Capability to create a video using software tools or record a video using your mobile phone or camcorder.
Time Required For Starting A YouTube Channel - Practically you can start within minutes. You'll have to visit YouTube.com, create a channel and upload videos.
Here are my Tips for Engineers who are interested.
- Create a YouTube channel around a specific engineering theme such as Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Software, Design, QA/QC tools, Machine repair, DIY, Automobile, etc. Don’t just go out create any random unrelated videos channel. For e.g. If you love gadgets you can create a gadget reviews channel where you can post review videos of the latest gadgets and help people to decide whether it's a right choice for them.
- Select an Engineering theme in which you're really interested. Analyze other videos related to your topic; see how many views those videos get. It will help you to get an overview of how many people are interested in your engineering theme.
- Normally more the views more useful the theme is. As more people are searching for it.
- Check out if there’s any missing concept in the currently existing videos related to your theme. You can cover these concepts in your videos to fetch more views.
- Give your best to engage with your audience. Study comments people leave on your videos, learn the hidden expectations that your audience has from you.
- Try to find out what they like about your videos and what they don't. Study which videos get the highest retention rate and find the reasons behind them.
- Spy on your competitors and try to model the things that are working for them. But never try to copy them, always maintain your uniqueness.
- Always try to improvise each new video from the last one. So when you look at your first videos after few years, you should think aww how bad I was earlier. That's a good sign; it shows that you've improved.
- Experiment, experiment and experiment. Never fear to try something new and see how it works. Experiments are the only way where you can find new and exciting stuff which can catapult you way ahead of your competitors.
- Finally, try to collaborate with other YouTuber's who are doing similar work. Learn their strategies and mindset. Working together can do wonders for your channel.
- Have fun. Do the things that you love and enjoy your life.
How To Monetize - The general rule for monetization in YouTube is very simple. More views your videos get, more money you’ll earn. You’ll just have to enable the monetize option in your YouTube channel settings. It's very simple.
How to Enable Monetization for Your YouTube Account
- Sign in to your YouTube account, and then click your name in the sidebar to open your YouTube profile page.
- Click the "Video Manager" link, click "Channel Settings" and then click "Monetization" to open the Monetization page.
- Click the "Enable My Account" button at the top of the page, and then check the boxes indicating agreement with YouTube's terms and conditions.
- Click "I Accept" to enable monetization for your account. YouTube returns to your Uploads page, which lists your YouTube videos.
- Click "Channel Settings" in the sidebar and then click "Verify." Enter your phone number, select either "Voice Call" or "SMS," and then click "Submit." Google calls or texts you with a six-digit verification code that you must enter on the next screen. Once you submit the code, your account is verified and you can monetize your videos.
- Click "Video Manager" in the sidebar to return to the Uploads page. Check the box next to one or more of your videos, and then select "Monetize" from the "Actions" menu at the top of the list.
- Select the types of ads you want to allow with your videos. YouTube will always display banner ads above or to the side of your videos, but you can also allow preview ads to appear before a video, or allow overlay ads to appear as transparencies in the lower portion of your video.
- Click "Monetize" once you make your selections. YouTube will preview your ads to make sure they meet the requirements for monetization, and then approve or reject them in about 48 hours. In some cases YouTube may ask you for written documentation that you are the copyright holder of the material in the video. Your videos will be labeled "Monetized" on your Uploads page once they are accepted.
I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
Latest posts by Jomel (see all)
- Why Engineers blog? - July 9, 2017
- Engineers must understand what is a “blog” and “blogging”! - July 8, 2017
- The Engineers’ Opportunity. Build an Online Blogging Business - June 22, 2017